Parking Lot Expectations
Our number one goal at Alpenglow is to provide a safe and secure learning environment. So that you can help us do that, here are some guidelines to remember as you pick-up and drop-off your child:
- Be patient and vigilant.
- Have your child prepared to exit your vehicle immediately upon entering the drop-off area.
- Students must only exit on the right side of the car.
- Stay in your car while it is in the pick-up or drop-off line.
- If you need to get out of your car to help your child, please park in the parking lot.
- While approaching the drop-off/pick-up zone, avoid double parking, double stopping, or pulling ahead of others who are patiently waiting in line.
- Pull as far forward as you can before letting your child out of the car or picking them up.
- Check your rear-view mirror before pulling away from the curb.
- Yield to all buses.
- Obey the crossing guard and our duty staff. “No person shall fail or refuse to comply with a lawful signal of an authorized school crossing guard in reference to the movement of vehicles in areas where crosswalks exist.” (9.20.110)
- Please treat the circle as a single lane. Wait in line until you are exiting after dropping-off/picking-up.
- The speed limit is 5 mph.
- Drivers and children are to always defer to staff for directions.
Driftwood Bay Drive:
- You may park or students may be dropped off or picked up along Driftwood Bay Drive.
- Make sure to drop students on the school side of the street.
- Walking students must use the crosswalk to cross to the school side.
- Do not make a U-turn.
- In the winter, take care not to park such that the two lane right-of-way is blocked.